What kind of identity documents do I need to travel by bus?

All passengers (including minors/babies represented by an adult) are welcome to travel by bus as long as a ticket was purchased for each passenger.

Travelling abroad

On international lines, passengers need to present a valid passport or national identity card corresponding to the ticket. This verification is independent of any checks at a border control. It is the responsibility of the passenger to have the required documents at a border crossing.

Domestic travel

On domestic lines, passengers must present an identity card document issued by a public authority with photo (driving licence, residence permit) in order to board the bus.

Please note! A parental authorisation form for minors must be completed and signed by their legal representative or guardian before travelling alone or with an adult that is not the child’s parent. More information on how children/minors travel here.

Was this article helpful?
Didn't find what you're looking for? Contact us.