Your ID is verified through a third-party service provider on the BlaBlaCar app. Your ID details are never shared with anyone else and are kept strictly confidential.
To submit your ID:
- Go to your Profile > About you
- Select Verify ID
- Enter your first name and last name as written on your ID & press Continue
Choose & upload a clear colour photo:
- Driver’s License: you’ll need to take a photo of both sides
- Passport: the image must include your picture and numbers at the bottom of the page
- Confirm your identity
Once our service providers verify your ID, the ID verified badge will show up on your profile.
Having issues? Try these:
- Use high-quality images: Take pictures of your ID in a well-lit room, check that your face is clear and not blurred, and fit information within the white lines.
- Grant camera permissions: The BlaBlaCar app or your browser may need permission to access your camera — Don’t forget to refresh the app or page.
- Submit images of the original ID (no photocopies): If your ID has two sides, like a Driver’s licence, submit front and back photos.
- Check if your ID info is up-to-date: Make sure your info is up-to-date and your first name and last name are exactly as written on your ID.
- Upload the correct documents: You must upload either a driver’s license or passport.
Note: If you already have an existing account, you may have trouble verifying your ID. Our advice is to keep the account you use the most to benefit from your established experience level and delete the other one.