All passengers need to be over 18 to create an account on BlaBlaCar. However, if you have a child who needs to travel, you can book a ride for them using your account, provided specific rules are respected.
If you’re booking a carpool ride for a minor, the following guidelines are required:
- Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by a legal guardian or an authorised adult with parental authorisation for domestic and international rides.
- Children 13+ can travel alone with parental authorisation for domestic and international rides. We recommend contacting the driver beforehand to confirm details, agree on pick-up/drop-off location, and arrange for someone to meet at the end destination.
- Proof of identity (national ID card, passport) if travelling abroad.
- Car seats adapted to age and size for young children or on a booster if they are older.
For more information on how minors travel, refer to our T&Cs (Article 4.2).
Child travel guidelines for BlaBlaCar Bus:
- A ticket for each child must be purchased and presented during boarding.
- A valid ID that matches the child's ticket, along with a parental authorisation form (if required).
- A car seat secured with a two-point seat belt(not provided by BlaBlaCar) is required for children up to 3 years old.
- For domestic travel, children up to 12 must be accompanied by an adult, while 12-16 year-olds can travel alone with parental approval. Children above 16 can travel alone without parental authorization.
- For international travel, children up to 16 years old must be accompanied by a legal guardian or authorised adult. Only 16-18 year-olds can travel alone with parental authorization.
Other Bus companies
Policies may vary depending on the bus company you're travelling with. We highly recommended checking how children travel with the bus company indicated on your ticket.