To maintain trust and reliability within the BlaBlaCar community, all members need to provide and verify their mobile phone number before publishing/booking a ride or messaging other members.
To add / verify your mobile phone number:
- Go to your Profile > About you
- Scroll and tap Add phone number / Verify your phone
- Select your country (the country code will be added automatically)
- Enter your phone number
- Click continue and we’ll send you an SMS with a 4-digit code (this can take a few minutes)
- Enter the 4-digit code
After verifying your phone number, you can manage your message notifications by going to your Profile > Account and choosing Notifications.
To change/update your phone number
To change the phone number indicated on your Profile, select your phone number from the Edit personal details page and follow the prompts to verify your updated phone number.
Your phone number will never be used for commercial purposes. Only after a booking is confirmed phone numbers on an account will be displayed to the other party, whether you're a passenger or driver. The number is saved on your personal profile, and is not displayed anywhere else on the site.
Your number is not recognised or the 4-digit verification code didn’t reach you? Try these:
- Check if your phone number is correct: If the country code or phone number is entered incorrectly, check and update your number indicated on your Profile with accurate information.
- Use a mobile number: If you entered a landline number, update your phone number with a mobile number.
- Check your mobile carrier plan includes SMS: If your mobile plan doesn’t include messaging, you won’t be able to verify your phone number.
- Use your already existing account: If you get a message saying that your phone number is already linked to another account, choose to log in to your already existing account rather than creating a new one. If your phone number is linked to an account that is not yours, please contact us.