Refunds and compensations depend on who can’t travel as planned and when they let us know.
- What if the passenger cancels more than 24 hours before departure time?
We’ll refund their booking, excluding service fees.
- What if the passenger cancels in the last 24 hours before departure time?
If the passenger books more than 24 hours in advance, we’ll refund them 50% of the booking, excluding service fees. We’ll also compensate the driver 50% because the passenger cancelled shortly before the ride.
If they book in the last 24 hours before the ride, but cancel within 30 minutes of booking, we’ll refund their booking, excluding service fees.
- What if the passenger doesn’t show up?
We’ll compensate the driver the full passenger contribution. It’s not fair for drivers to be kept waiting, so it’s best that passengers cancel their booking beforehand.
- What if the driver cancels?
We’ll fully refund the passenger, including service fees.
- What if the driver should’ve cancelled but didn’t?
The passenger should give us a heads up that they didn’t travel together from the Bookings page on their profile within 24 hours of the departure time. They’ll need to select a reason why this ride couldn’t happen and provide all relevant details.
Out of fairness, the driver will then get the next 7 days to agree or disagree. If the driver agrees, we’ll fully refund the passenger, including service fees. It’ll be exactly as if the driver cancelled the ride.
If the driver disagrees, we’ll ask them to provide all relevant details. We’ll then process the refund using the information we have, and in accordance with our Cancellation policy. Keep an eye on your emails because they may be in touch to ask for some extra details.
* This article applies to domestic rides in the UK. When travelling abroad, the other country’s Cancellation policy will apply. There are no refunds or compensation when the passenger is meant to pay for the ride in cash.